segunda-feira, 9 de junho de 2008

Deco: I’m Headed To Either Chelsea or Inter


Jose Mourinho only took charge of Inter on June 2nd, but he has already moved quickly in the transfer market.

The Italian midfielder has been one of the Nerazzurri’s prime targets ever since Mourinho took over at the club, although he was also a target for predecessor Roberto Mancini.

The 30-year-old had a disappointing season at Camp Nou and will definitely leave the club. Rumours from news agencies in Italy say that the Inter club has agreed to pay Barca between 12 and 13 million Euros, with Deco signing a three year contract worth five million Euros per season.

“At this moment I have only two possibilities – Chelsea or Inter,” the Barcelona man told El Mundo Deportivo.”

“I have not sealed a deal with either of them, though. I have not yet decided upon my future, as I have to meet with me agent and see what is best for me.”

“I certainly will not go to a club that I don’t like or that won’t allow me to win trophies, as that is my objective.”

Mourinho has been brought in with the immediate goal of aiming for the Champions League victory which he has already won with Deco at Porto.

“Undoubtedly my rapport with Mourinho is excellent and that does factor into my decision, but I have to view many other elements too,” continued the Portuguese international.”

“Inter are a good squad that satisfy the aspirations of any player. So do Chelsea, where many of my friends currently play.